Brighton Park Mission
Brighton Park Elementary seeks to create a nurturing and engaging educational environment that is relationship-focused, culturally relevant, and encourages critical thinking. Brighton Park students will be engaged in meaningful learning experiences that help them develop into productive members of society that are creative problem solvers and lifelong, confident learners.
At Brighton Park we are committed to:
- Meeting all students’ needs in a safe, caring and inclusive environment, providing social emotional learning, a focus on health and wellness, opportunities for creativity, 21st century learning and technology, character education, global citizenship, cultural responsiveness, innovation, and self expression.
- Providing engaging, authentic learning and assessment opportunities, including experiential learning and cultural education.
- High expectations for students of all abilities with adequate supports and resources; high levels of rigor with a match between instruction and assessment.
- Fostering staff that love and care for students and take time to know, understand, and appreciate students and their families backgrounds and cultures.
- Teaching students to be positive, contributing members of society through modeling and reinforcing positive behaviors.
- Empowering and valuing the voice of all stakeholders: students, families, staff, and the community by valuing and promoting bilingualism and biculturalism and forming partnerships in order to achieve college and career success.
- Educating the entire community in a culturally responsive and inclusive manner.
- A balanced life and wellness for staff with a respect for staff time and energy.
- Providing the resources, strategies, knowledge, and support for professionals.
- Professionalism, collaboration and a positive staff community.
- Building and maintaining positive, trusting and encouraging relationships and dignity with respect for all (between students, staff, and parents).
- Celebrating the success of all, including school pride reflected in all aspects of our physical environment and school climate.